KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
den 5 december 2016
Osaka, Japan – KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc., one of the world's leading manufacturers of document imaging solutions and document management systems, announced that its new A4 multifunctional products (MFPs) and printers, the ECOSYS M5526cdw, ECOSYS P5026cdw, ECOSYS M2640idw and ECOSYS P2040dw, have won the Good Design Award 2016 hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion (JDP), a public interest incorporated foundation.
Kyocera’s new printers and MFPs have received the award in recognition of their simple and compact design, as well as for their usability—including low-noise operations and an easy-to-change toner container. Consideration was given to the devices’ design, taking into account how these A4 MFPs and entry models are likely to be used in the office.
Additionally, Kyocera successfully achieved low-noise operations, as these products are highly likely to be used in office areas with limited space. To suit office layouts, flexible installation is possible thanks to standard wireless LAN functionality. The products also come with a remote management tool with ample functionality, including batch settings for multiple MFPs and printers, reducing the time spent on remote device administration.
The evaluation by the judges stated: “The products are characterised by their compact design and low-noise operations, as well as by operational efficiency, incorporating a remote setting tool with many functions, including a batch setting capability. The casing is compact and the operation panel is clear and easy to use. The entire design, including operability and ease-of-maintenance, is well considered to ensure smooth document workflow.”
About Good Design Award
The Good Design Award is a comprehensive design-promotion system that picks good design out of a variety of unfolding phenomena, and aims to enrich our lives, industries, and society as a whole by highlighting and celebrating these works. It is hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion, a public interest incorporated foundation. It's precursor, the Good Design Selection System (or G Mark System), was founded in 1957 by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (the current Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry), and has been engaged in this work for about 60 years. Submissions come from a wide range of fields, and roughly 1200 designs are recognized every year. Over 59 years, around 43,000 designs have been recognized by the awards. Recipients of a Good Design Award are granted use of the G Mark symbol, which has been an emblem of good design for over half a century.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions headquartered in Osaka, Japan is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products and printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimize and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31, 2016, Kyocera Corporation's net sales totalled 1.47 trillion yen (approx. USD 13.3 billion). For more information, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
- New KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- A showcase of excellence as KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. walks away with four iF DESIGN Awards
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
- A CELEBRATION OF ACHIEVEMENT: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS AWARDS TOP EMEA SERVICE TECHNICIANS
- 32nd Kyoto Prize: The Inamori Foundation recognises prominent figures from the fields of robotics, medicine and philosophy
- LATEST MFP AND PRINTER SERIES TO ENRICH SMART OFFICE WORKSPACES
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS NAMED A "MAJOR PLAYER" IN IDC MARKETSCAPE: WORLDWIDE DOCUMENT WORKFLOW SERVICES 2016
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc Sponsors Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2016 in Five Countries Around the World
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS LAUNCHES KYOCERA FLEET SERVICES
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications