KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
Kyocera has developed a long life igniter for residential heating systems which is referred to as the most robust igniter in the world 
den 21 mars 2017
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group, has developed a new silicon nitride igniter with exceptional endurance and very stable ignition performance for European residential gas furnaces. Kyocera`s SN igniter has been regarded as one of the most robust igniters in the world and heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius. As the new igniter can be operated at rated residential voltage, no high voltage protection is needed for either systems or modules. This allows flexible components selection and contributes to cost savings on the total system.
The new 230V SN igniter heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly and smoothly sparks off natural gas. Compared to conventional spark plugs, Kyocera´s igniter has a wider hot surface and enables a very stable ignition performance. In a test circuit with 40K cycles, the igniter achieved a defect rate of zero.
Furthermore, the igniter shows a very small resistance change over life time which results in yet another advantage: the igniter shows no degradation which gives customers easier control over the heating system.
Kyocera has relied on and continuously expanded its expertise in material and manufacturing technology in the field of technical ceramics since its foundation in 1959. The new silicon nitride igniter is another product that enriches Kyocera´s broad brand portfolio.
 Based on internal measurements carried out by Kyocera
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- A showcase of excellence as KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. walks away with four iF DESIGN Awards
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
- A CELEBRATION OF ACHIEVEMENT: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS AWARDS TOP EMEA SERVICE TECHNICIANS
- 32nd Kyoto Prize: The Inamori Foundation recognises prominent figures from the fields of robotics, medicine and philosophy
- LATEST MFP AND PRINTER SERIES TO ENRICH SMART OFFICE WORKSPACES
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS NAMED A "MAJOR PLAYER" IN IDC MARKETSCAPE: WORLDWIDE DOCUMENT WORKFLOW SERVICES 2016
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc Sponsors Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2016 in Five Countries Around the World
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS LAUNCHES KYOCERA FLEET SERVICES
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications